How To Install Shutters
By following these guidelines, installing our custom shutters is a simple task. For detailed instructions, you can download the specific product instructions below.
- Metal Tape Measure
- Rechargeable, variable speed drill
- 3/8" diameter drill bit
- 3" Square/ Robertson bits #1 and #2
- Slot screwdriver
- Non marring hammer with 1” head
- Caulk or sealant for both mitered corners and to cover gaps between the frames and window jambs
- Loctite® glue 414 or contact cement – required for outside mount applications (not supplied)
- Jig saw, hack saw, Dremmel® tool or exacto knife if cut-outs are required
- Review the packing slip and product labels to identify your frame style and mounting application
- Organize tools and components
Step 1: Assemble the Frame (see installation instructions for details)
Step 2: Fasten the Frame in two points
1. Center the assembled frame in the opening, using the Product Labels to ensure the frame is right side up.
2. Set one of the supplied screws through the pre-drilled hole on the upper left hand frame. Once secured, set one of the supplied screws through the pre-drilled hole on the upper right hand frame.
3. Be sure to fasten the screws through the frame and into the window jabs
1. Center the frame on window opening, using the Product Labels to ensure the frame is right side up
2. Set one of the supplied screws in the top of the left side frame pre-drilled hole.
3. Place a level on the top frame, and move the right side frame until the frame is level.
4. Secure the top of the right frame to the wall using a supplied screw, keeping the frame level.
Step 6: Hang Shutter Panels
1. Set the panel(s) in the frame.
2. Insert the hinge pins into the hinges.
3. Confirm that the panels are level/square by using a level. The panels should smoothly seat into the frame.
4. Fasten the remaining screws into the frame.