What do I do if a soft vertical vane is out of alignment?
If a soft vertical vane is out of alignment, please do the following to correct the problem:
- Remove the vane.
- Align the carrier stem that needs adjustment (this carrier only) with the rectangular hole the carrier stem fits into.
- Take a pair of pliers and grip the top of the carrier.
- Push the carrier stem up into the rectangular hold with the pliers.
- Now operate the rotation chain. You will now notice the stem now inside the carrier body will not rotate.
- With the control chain, rotate all other stems to line up with the one to be adjusted.
- Take the pliers and grip the otp of the carrier you're aligning, pull downward to move the stem back into the operable position.
- All carrier stems should now appear to be aligned.
- Finish by reattaching removed vane(s).