How do I replace my metal blind slats?
To replace metal slats, please follow steps below:
- Remove the ladder cap from the underside of the bottomrail. (Mark I blinds: remove one or both of the end caps and slide out the vinyl sleeve that acts as a bumper on the bottomrail.
- Pull exposed cords out slightly.
- Cut the old cord above the knot and then pull the cord up through the last damaged slat.
- Remove the slats and replace them with new ones. Make sure that you insert the slats so that the route holes are aligned with the existing slat.
- Then weave the cords through the route holes being certain to alternate the sides of the ladder rungs as you proceed down the blind.
- Reinsert the cords into the bottomrail and tie them off.
- Replace caps.