How do I record/restring my metal blind?
To record/restring your blind, please follow steps below:
- Remove the ladder cap from the underside of the bottomrail. (Mark I blinds: remove one or both of the end caps and slide out the vinyl sleeve that acts as a bumper on the bottomrail.)
- Pull exposed cords out slightly.
- Cut the old cord above the knot and weld the ends of the old and new cord together using a lighter or match.
- Roll the joined cards between your fingers to create a smooth weld.
- From the cordlock side, gently pull the tassel toward the left and this will pull the new cording through the same path.
- When the cording gets to the legth you wish for the controls to be, tie a knot in the ends by the bottomrail and cut off the excess.
- Replace the tassel and repeat process for additional cords.