measure for: inside mount vinyl blinds
- To find width: Measure exact distance to the nearest 1/8" between inside surfaces of window frame at the top, middle, and bottom, and use the narrowest width. Do not make any width deductions. A 1/2" deduction will be taken automatically for inside mount.
- To find height: Measure exact distance to the nearest 1/8" from inside surface at top of window to sill at the left, middle and right and use the longest height. If you prefer blind not to touch sill, deduct 1/4". If there is no sill, measure height to the point where the shade reaches.
measure for: outside mount vinyl blinds
- To find width: Measure exact distance to the nearest 1/8" between the outermost points where the blind is to be placed. For optimal light control, this measurement should extend 3/4" beyond the window opening on each side (or 1 1/2" for the entire width).
- To find height: Measure exact distance to the nearest 1/8" from where top of the blind will be located to the top of sill. If there is no sill or if blind is to overlap window frame, measure to the point the shade reaches.
2-on-1 and 3-on-1 Headrail
- Measure overall width of the area to be covered.
- Measure width of the area each blind is to cover. Measure and specify the left shade first, continuing to the right. Factory will allow a minimum of 1/2" between shades for operating clearance.
- The total width of all shades must equal the total headrail width. If ordering a valance wider than the blind, a diagram is required.
- To measure height, use standard inside or outside measuring procedures.